Age divisions for Spring Ball follow USA Softball age requirements as follows:
12 & Under birth years 2009 & 2010
10 & Under birth years 2011 & 2012
8 & Under birth years 2013 & 2014
6 & Under birth years 2015 & 2016
Spring Ball assessments will be held on Saturday, January 15th and January 23rd, 2022.
6U - Not required
Assessments will be held at McDougal Park, 1402 Solana Drive, Belmont. If you miss assessments, a tryout may be arranged independently.
The mission of the Belmont Redwood Shores Youth Softball Association (BRSYSA) is to teach young girls (ages 5 - 14) the skills and knowledge necessary to play the great game of softball. To that end, the League will provide, to the best of its ability, the equipment, uniforms, playing facilities, team managing and coaching staffs, and league organization. BRSYSA welcomes all players of all skill levels.
Simply put, BRSYSA strives to provide a fun and safe environment for our young girls:
• to have fun learning to play softball
• to meet new friends and to play with old friends
• to develop physical and mental skills and abilities
• to learn to win and to lose graciously
• to learn to play a game with specific rules
• to learn sportsmanship
• to learn how to play with others as part of a team
• to learn to respect the judgment of others
• to enjoy the game and appreciate their managers and coaches
• to feel good about themselves
• and most of all, to HAVE FUN!!!!!