Dear Parents and Coaches,
All games, practices and other team activities are postponed through April 3, effective immediately.
The league is taking this action to support local public health advisories.
We understand this decision is disappointing to you and our players. Yet we believe we have an obligation to place the health, safety and well-being of everyone involved in BRSYSA above all else.
The league will monitor ongoing events and will take our lead from local public health experts as to when to resume activities.
We will provide you with an update no later than March 27 regarding when league activities may resume.
This is a difficult time for all of us. While youth sports is a valuable activity, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our community.
We appreciate your flexibility. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at the email addresses below.
Sending everyone in the league virtual high-fives,
The mission of the Belmont Redwood Shores Youth Softball Association (BRSYSA) is to teach young girls (ages 5 - 14) the skills and knowledge necessary to play the great game of softball. To that end, the League will provide, to the best of its ability, the equipment, uniforms, playing facilities, team managing and coaching staffs, and league organization. BRSYSA welcomes all players of all skill levels.
Simply put, BRSYSA strives to provide a fun and safe environment for our young girls:
• to have fun learning to play softball
• to meet new friends and to play with old friends
• to develop physical and mental skills and abilities
• to learn to win and to lose graciously
• to learn to play a game with specific rules
• to learn sportsmanship
• to learn how to play with others as part of a team
• to learn to respect the judgment of others
• to enjoy the game and appreciate their managers and coaches
• to feel good about themselves
• and most of all, to HAVE FUN!!!!!